EUMOFA Talk: COVID-19’s impact and the way forward: the Spanish fisheries market
EUMOFA invites you to join the next EUMOFA Talk, which will be held in person on 6 October 2021, 11.00 CET at the Xunta de Galicia stand at the CONXEMAR Exhibition in Vigo (Spain). The topic will be “COVID-19’s impact and the way forward: the Spanish fisheries market”.
The event will foster discussions on how the crisis has affected the EU fishery and aquaculture supply chain and the way forward for the recovery of the sector. EUMOFA has gathered an expert panel, which will focus on the policies and measures implemented in Spain to support the sector and improve its resilience, as well as new market challenges and opportunities.
The discussion will open with a welcome speech by Rosa Quintana Carballo, Regional Minister for Maritime Affairs of the Xunta de Galicia, and be moderated by Rosa Chapela Pérez, Coordinator of the fishery socio-economic area at the Centro Tecnológico del Mar (CETMAR).
The panel members will include:
- Christophe Vande Weyer, Policy Officer - Markets (European Commission/DG MARE)
- Jan Eirik Øksenvåg, Senior Analyst (EUMOFA team)
- Juan Manuel Elices López, Deputy Head of Unit (General Sub-Directorate of Aquaculture, Fisheries Marketing and Structural Actions - Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food of the Government of Spain)
- Marta Villaverde Acuña, General Sub-Director (General Sub-Directorate of Fishery and Fishery Market - Regional Ministry for Maritime Affairs of the Xunta de Galicia)
The event will close with the speeches of:
- Mercedes Rodríguez Moreda, General Director (Directorate-General for Fisheries, Aquaculture and Technological Innovation - Regional Ministry for Maritime Affairs of the Xunta de Galicia)
- Juan Ignacio Gandarias Serrano, General Director (Directorate-General for Fisheries Management and Aquaculture - Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food of the Government of Spain)
All presentations and discussions will be in Spanish and English, with simultaneous translation in both languages. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be a limited number of places. Thus, to streamline interaction, participants are invited to send their questions in advance – by 4 October 2021 – to email@example.com. For those who cannot attend, the proceedings will be recorded and available on the EUMOFA website.
Representatives of the European Commission and the EUMOFA team will be on hand throughout the three-day expo at Stand E-7, Zona E, to offer practical demonstrations on how to use the EUMOFA website to access data and key information about the European fisheries and aquaculture market.
For media inquiries, please contact the EUMOFA team at firstname.lastname@example.org. A press release is also available in Spanish language.